httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Ruf <...@rawip.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Identifying a session
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 22:02:17 GMT
Dear all,

is there an easy way to identify a session of a user?

Explaining my problem:
- I would like to login into some web page.
- After a succesful login, I have a valid session id -- that's what I
  would like to have.
- This session id should be retrievable by any SSI or CGI running on
  this web-page.
- Further, this session id should be invalidateable, i.e. the the
  SSI/CGI scripts should be able to invalidate this id.

Is there any way to handle such a problem?

Thanks in advance.
Lukas
PS: If possible, I would like to avoid making use of cookies, i.e. the
    whole procedure should be server-based only.
--
Lukas Ruf
http://www.lpr.ch