httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Content Negotiation with <DirectoryMatch> in Apache 2.0.43
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:34:15 GMT
On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:50:28AM -0000, Chris Taylor wrote:
> And it's just polite to send standard plain text IMHO....

That's precisely what the OP was sending - granted, it was a multi-part
MIME message but I'd hope it was safe to assume that everyone is using
MIME-compliant mailers these days.  Attachments are not - and never have
been - inherently evil.

FWIW, I really don't see the point in signing messages to lists such as
these.  After all, the signature verifies the integrity of the message and
the identity of the sender - neither of which is particular important in
this context.

Signing files is another matter entirely - this is important to allow users
to verify that the binaries (or source!) have not been tampered with.

My 2c, add tax where appropriate

Zac