httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshuah Goldstein <mrbigleswor...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cgi process spawn error
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:03:14 GMT
Hello, I am trying to configure Apache, which I just
downloaded today, for my winME computer.
I am specifically having trouble getting the sample perl
script to run.
Here is the error:
[Wed Dec 25 16:43:50 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
couldn't spawn child process: c:/program files/apache
group/apache/cgi-bin/printenv.pl

Here are the lines from my httpd.conf file:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin">
    Options ExecCGI Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Includes
    AddHandler cgi-script   .cgi   .pl
</Directory>

I tried using only 'Options ExecCGI' first but that didn't
work either.

I made sure that the .pl extension was associated with
Perl.exe and when I double-click on the .pl file in the
windows folder it seems to run OK.
Thanks, Josh