httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Daubenspeck <m...@oddprocess.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Frontpage Server Extensions
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:52:31 GMT
On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 06:54:13AM -0600, Mark Zander wrote:
> The problem occurs when you try to restrict access to certain directories.  Apache and
FPSE won't work together in that configuration (but then IIS and FPSE won't work together
either - the problem isn't with Apache).

Exactly. I have Apache and FP working with 1.3.26 and it scares the
life out of me. Due to the way the whole thing is designed, all of the
contents of anything under the FP web is owned by the user that the
Apache server is run as. It's the only I believe that it works...

--
:wq

 Matthew Daubenspeck
 http://www.oddprocess.org