httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Williams <hu...@soco.agilent.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: GET line length limit?
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:26:52 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Hugh Williams wrote:
> >
> > > I know that there's a limit to how many characters a URL can include
> > > when using a GET method for form submission.  Where (if anywhere) is
> > > this limit set/enforced?
>
> MaxRequestLine directive.

An undocumented directive; I love it!  Any idea where I can learn more
about this?  It's not found with any search for 'maxrequestline" (or
"request" or "max" for that matter) at the Apache web site, nor does the
string appear anywhere in my 1.3.27 source code files...

hugh

--
 Hugh Williams			"And the time will come when you'll see
 hugh_williams@agilent.com  	 We're all very small