httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] disable DirectoryIndex
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:01:30 GMT
-> >-> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 at 08:58:58, Matus \fantomas\ Uhlar wrote:
-> >-> > Is there a possibility to force directory listing (disabling index
-> >-> > file) in some directories?
-> >
-> >-> <Directory "/path/to/directory/in/question">
-> >-> Options Indexes
-> >-> </Directory>
-> >
-> >Sorry but afaik this directive only allows listing of files if
-> >no index file
-> >(defined by DirectoryIndex) is in the directory. I want to disable
-> >DirectoryIndex to force listing any time.
->
-> Think laterally - set up a DirectoryIndex at server config level (so
-> it's global) and define an index file name that *never* exists. The
-> presence of a DI directive will switch off the default and since apache
-> will never find the file, it will go to directory listing, e.g.
->
-> DirectoryIndex 	file_that_never_exists.html

Of course I can use such workaround. But someone can still create
file_that_never_exists.html although the probability is quite low.

I was thinking about directive that would tell apache not to search forindex
file but do a directory listing imediately.

I am afraid there is none now.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/