httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hans Zaunere <h...@nyphp.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Program Execution during Apache Startup
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:14:29 GMT

Hello,

Is there a way in either 1.3.x or 2.0.x to have a program run when Apache
starts, or even stops?  I have some external software that I need to init
(and possibly shutdown) with Apache.

I know that I could hardcode something into bin/apachectl but I'd much rather
have it setable in httpd.conf (and even per virtual host, if possible).  The
closest directive I've been able to find is LoadFile, but this doesn't look
to be exactly what I need.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to run an external shell script (or even binary
if need be) on Apache startup (shutdown would be nice, but not nessecary).

Thank you,

Hans