httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Lee <d...@altaregos.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat redirection problem
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:13:55 GMT
I know posting to two lists is frowned upon, but no one on the tomcat list
seems to have an answer for me.

I cannot get my Apache-Tomcat mod_jk connector to work for anything other
than localhost.  Apache 2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.12, Linux (Redhat 8.0).  Trying
to run http://localhost/examples/HelloWorldExample works, but if
"localhost" is replaced with either an IP address or a valid hostname, the
error_log reports "file does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/examples".

It doesn't matter whether I come into the server from the internet or from
behind my firewall.  The only thing that works right is localhost.

I've inspected mod_jk.config, and it looks sane.  I have ServerAlias
directives for the VirtualHost in it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Daryl Lee