httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cron jobs kill apache
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:20:44 GMT
Hi everybody,

on one of my servers I have an apache 1.3.26 running, which works just fine the way it should.
The problem occurs when a cron job starts logrotate and attempts to rotate the log file.
In the body of the logrotate configuration file I have the following:

rotate 5
size=20M
sharedscripts
postrotate
  /usr/bin/killall -HUP httpd
endscript

After the logs are rotated the server is not running anymore. There is no new access_log unless
I start the server again by hand.
One thing I am not sure about, but I have the impression that it works that way is, that it
works fine one night, but the second time logs are rotated apache is down.
Did this happen to anyone else or does anybody have an idea where this is coming from?

Thank you
Jurgen