httpd-users mailing list archives

From Renato Salles <maill...@brturbo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual host problems
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:16:32 GMT
Em Sex 13 Dez 2002 09:13, lists@kentane.net escreveu:
Sugestion:

1- Disable (comment) the "default" VirtualHost applied at httpd.conf.
2- Empty its folder, or rename it and mk a new with the same name.
3- Make sure this new folder ( ex.: /var/www) are EMPTY. Preserve the old
permissions, (root.www and 775, in my case).
4- As root, type: /usr/sbin/apachectl configtest,
    and watch if any warning/error is echoed
5- Reload yor httpd service
6- Open a term as root, and watch your log,:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log (or where your access_log is)
7- Watch  the log when you open via browser your VirtualHost, by the name, or
by the ip.
8- If it only opens when you call the ip, your problem is dns. If nothing
happens, and you get some 4xx error at the log, the problem is your
(miss)config.

> Hi.
> Stupid question,
> Can you suggest a painless, less error prone way for me to change the
> main standalone server to a virt host?

---

Fui!

===========  Renato Q. Salles UIN 143517540  ===========