httpd-users mailing list archives

From alta <a...@alta-research.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Method Not Allowed for PUT
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 19:41:04 GMT

I have been atttempting for several days to enable PUT method
processing with PHP.

Alache seems to be blocking the request, displaying the following at
the browser:

     Error uploading files
     The server responded:
     Method Not Allowed
    The requested method PUT is not allowed for the URL
     test/test.htm.
     Apache/1.3/20 Server at alta1.local Port 80

The Apache is from SuSE 7.3, with PHP installed.

PHP manual says tersely to add the following to httpd.conf:

     Script PUT /put.php        (assuming put.php exists, etc.)

However the "Script  PUT  /put.php" seems to have no effect.  Yes, I
have done extensive Googling, and also tried the CGI equivalent, but
always the same error message: Method Not Allowed [for PUT].

... Reed