httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Simonsen <matt_li...@careercast.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 on Linux
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 00:30:25 GMT
I have read that it is best to use the preforking version of Apache 2.0
on Linux until the 2.6 kernel comes out. Is this the accepted Apache
group recommendation, too?

I couldn't find any definitive statement on this, although I did read
the docs. The best I got was that preforking is the default for Unix. I
assume this is because many Unixes do not do threading well (and I
understand Linux is one).

Also, do any of you have real world benchmarks? I wonder, too, if the
threaded will benefit even more from hyper-threading.

Thanks
Matt