httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Silva" <mpsi...@storagecommander.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Wild Cards in the filenames in a DirectoryIndex list ???
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:45:36 GMT
Hello everyone, and Happy Holidays

How can I use wild cards in the filenames in a DirectoryIndex list?

I have structured my website using sections (e.g /sections/family ,
/sections/projects, /sections/whatever). So for each section directory
I would like to have an index.section.php file. I have tried using * and % as
wild cards like this:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.*.php index.html
-or-
DirectoryIndex index.php index.%.php index.html

If I use the first I get an Error 403 and if I use the second I get an Error 400.
Can this even be done with wild cards or do I have to use regular expressions?

I know I can do this by brute force e.g. follow symbolic links i.e. have an index.html
symbolic link in each directory that points to its corresponding section (index.html -->
index.projects.php)
or have php do a redirect (that would be really brutal) or mod rewrite and possibly a couple
of more solutions.

Any answers would greatly appreciated.  Cheers
Matt

Matt Silva
Empower Software Technologies
matt@storagecommander.com