httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Issac Goldstand" <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upload Meter
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:51:50 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Murphy" <steve@digitalfusion-media.com>
> I gave that line a try but no dice. Returned bad make [test_dynamic] Error
> 2. It asked for the source code of apache which I don't have because I
> installed apache through up2date. I'm guessing this may be a problem.
Should
> I uninstall apache or is there something else I could try?

Sounds like either libapreq or Apache::SSI are complaining (those are the
only 2 prerequisites which require the apache source).  However, never fear!
You should have the required include files (which are what's missing) in
/path/to/apache/include (I'm not sure where RedHat dumps them by default).
If you can find them, and are brave enough to try configuring the perl
packages by hand (try "perl -MCPAN -eshell" and then use "look Foo::Bar"
where Foo::Bar is the name of the package whose build directory you want to
get at - the usual build process is "perl Makefile.PL", "make", "make test",
"make install") you can still do it :-)

  Issac