httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sergei_vlad" <ser...@levchenko.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache server problem
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 15:10:18 GMT
Problem was really in my provider, which is blocking port 80. I changed to
port 12 (before that I was trying to change the value to 8080 only). It
seems to be working. I think that they re-write the modem's firmware, 'cause
the provider always gives you the modem and if you want to reduce the price
of service and start using your own cable modem, they require to bring your
modem to them "to check something" and re-write the firmware I think...
Thank you for help, Dirk. I will try to re-write the firmware ;-)))

> It would help if you would state
>
> -> version of the software you are using;
> i.e. apache 1.3.7
> -> operating system you are using;
> i.e. MS Windows 95
>
> You want to email the tail/end of the files
>
> logs/error_log
> logs/access_log
>
> Which is where any errors will appear. But you may have a more
> fundamental, non apache related, problem; which is that your
> Cable modem/router needs to be configured to (not) do NAT and/or map port
> 80 through to an internal address and/or your cablemodem provider needs to
> allow you to run a web server. A lot of them do not allow that.
>
> Dw.
>
> On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, sergei_vlad wrote:
>
> > Hi Everybody!
> > Recently I started trying to set my own http server up on my computer
which
> > got 1.5Mbps cable connection. I tryed many http server programs.
Although it