httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Clarke" <m-cla...@netyear.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and cookie values
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:54:21 GMT
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem and I hope that you can help.

I want to extract the value from a cookie and use it as a path name in a url
rewrite.

So far I have tried the below code in the httpd.conf file:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule   oldpage\.html$  %{HTTP_COOKIE}/newpage.html [R]

The cookie value is a directory name. I think the problem with the way I'm
doing it above is that it's returning the full key/value string of the
cookie when I only want the value. I don't know how to resolve the variable
to just the cookie value.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Mike Clarke