httpd-users mailing list archives

From <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Help understanding DSO
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:41:03 GMT
This is on a Mandrake install of Apache 1.3.

1. When you load a module using the LoadModule directive is it loaded as
another process?
2. If I stop apache using the "apachectl stop" command is the module
started in 1 also stopped?

I'm starting apache using one httpd.conf file and then stopping apache
and starting it again and specifying a different config file using with
the -f parameter.  The second conf file specifies LoadModule and then
AddModule.  But when it gets to the AddModule directive in the startup,
it gives me a warning and tells me the module is already loaded.