httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Espen" <mailingli...@lonnkvist.no>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] C compiler cannot create executables
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:29:20 GMT
Hello

I'm relatively new to linux, and I'm trying to install Apache 2.0.43 on
redhat 7.3.

I get the same problem when trying to configure:
"checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables"

I can't seem to find any errorlogs, so this is the only debug info I can
provide at the moment

Does this then mean my C compiler isn't correctly installed?

How would I go about and re-install the compiler on my already installed
system?
Or is there any 3rd party ones you would recommend instead?

Thanks alot,
Espen

>If both sun's cc and gnu gcc give the same error, can that mean that
Solaris
>2.8 as installed may be missing something?
>Mike

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
yeah, this sort of error has been posted before, it's possible that your
system is corrupt, e.g., header files are missing, etc. <br>
are you mixing Sun compilers, linkers &amp; opensource compilers &amp;
linkers.
i've had to be very explicit about my paths when building on solaris. you
don't want to accidently pick up one compiler toolset and another linker
toolset, <br>
cheers, <br>
andy <br>
Adolf, Michael F wrote:<br>
 cite="mid667ED598F8A2D311981D00508B12238010631F66@emss02m04.ems.lmco.com">
  <pre wrap="">If both sun's cc and gnu gcc give the same error, can that
mean that \
Solaris 2.8 as installed may be missing something?
Mike

I have had that error myself, it does mean there are missing
dependancies for the compiler. ( at least it did for me. )
you will probably have to re-install the compiler completely, forcing it
to get the packages in.

Adolf, Michael F wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Solaris 2.8.
Mike

which system are you using? I suppose you
are lacking support of essential build
programs like make, gcc and so on. Try
to (re)-install them. For instance
under Debian they are called build-essentials.

Bye,
Werner.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

che.org</a \

ribe@htt \
> pd.apache.org</a>
For additional commands, e-mail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \
href="mailto:users-help@httpd.apache.org">users-help@httpd.apache.org</a>

che.org</a \
>  "   from the digest: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \

ribe@htt \
> pd.apache.org</a>
For additional commands, e-mail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \
href="mailto:users-help@httpd.apache.org">users-help@httpd.apache.org</a>

  </pre>

--Boundary_(ID_PZneropo/eiiMuxX6Kxl7w)--