httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John Darin Holloway" <jdhollo...@blue.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't compile 2.0.43 on Solaris.
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:50:23 GMT
Its probably defaulting to the Sun make, which like many of sun's shipping
software, has flaws when working with someone elses code, try gmake (you may
need to install the GNU binutils if they weren't loaded at install time) and
see if it still throws errors.

John Darin Holloway
Web Developer and System Administrator, Bluegrass Network, LLC
jdholloway@blue.net  ---  http://www.blue.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason L M'Sadoques" <jlm17@lucent.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 03:03 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Can't compile 2.0.43 on Solaris.


> I'm trying to compile Apache 2.0.43 on Solaris. Any help is appreciated.
This is
> what I've got:
>
> uname -a
> SunOS mvcde 5.6 Generic_105181-33 sun4u sparc
>
> CFLAGS='-O3'
./configure --prefix=/cdetools/http/apache_2.0.43 --enable-cgi
> --enable-auth-anon --enable-so --enable-rewrite --without-berkeley-db
> ...
> make
> ...
> Making all in support
> /bin/ksh /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
> --mode=compile
gcc  -pthreads  -O3  -DSOLARIS2=6 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
> -D_REENTRANT -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr/include
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/include
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib -I.
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/os/unix
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/server/mpm/prefork
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/http
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/filters
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/proxy
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/include
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/dav/main  -c htpasswd.c && touch
> htpasswd.lo
> /bin/ksh
/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=link
> gcc  -pthreads  -O3  -DSOLARIS2=6 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
> -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr/include
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/include
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib -I.
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/os/unix
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/server/mpm/prefork
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/http
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/filters
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/proxy
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/include
> -I/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/modules/dav/main -export-dynamic
> -L/cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib   -o
htpasswd
> htpasswd.lo    /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la
> /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/libaprutil-0.la
> /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.la
> /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr/libapr-0.la -lm -lsocket -lnsl
> -lresolv
> /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-0.so:
undefined
> reference to `apr_dbm_type_db'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `htpasswd'
> Current working directory /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/support
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /cdetools/http/src/httpd-2.0.43/support
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
>
> --
> Jason M'Sadoques
> (978)960-3252 Phone
> (888)422-3597 Pager
> jlm17@lucent.com
> 211e1
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message