httpd-users mailing list archives

From <bulbulty...@now-india.net.in>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cannot run exe on apache2
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:34:46 GMT
greenlees : is the second machine apache configured to run .exe as cgi?
> looks like it's not set up to run your exe as a cgi.

gaurav : how do I do that ? , I have placed the test.exe in cgi-bin folder ,
I used ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
I even tried AddHandler cgi-script .exe .pl
In fact I have the printenv.pl  in this cgi-bin directory and
http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv.pl works just fine ( I had to change the
first line to point to the actual location of perl.exe)
I am having this problem  on apache 2.0.43 , I tried out
http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.exe on apache 1.3.19 and 1.3.27 and it worked.
what am I doing wrong ??