httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <nosed...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Beginner How-To
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:20:11 GMT
This will be a production server hosting multiple sites out to the rest
of the world.
Mike

Visit our web site for great deals on Computers and Hardware and for
insightful and unique reviews of the latest hardware offerings by all of
the major manufacturers. www.l-and-m-associates.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Williams [mailto:justin@naturalwebs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 3:11 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Beginner How-To

Hi Michael
I recently set up my first server for an ISP that has always been a
Windows
shop.  As the resident penguin-herder, there, I got my shoulder tapped
when
they decided they wanted to give it a try.

Most of your questions will be better answered if you can answer this
one,
though: What are you setting up the server for?  I.e. are you setting up
production server to send out pages to the rest of the world, or are you

setting up a testing server, that you only want visible to you on your
local
network?