httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <nosed...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Beginner How-To
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:00:58 GMT
Hello
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a beginners How-To on
setting up the Apache web server?  I need the basic info on how to set
up the network coming into the web server, ie., Do I need a static IP,
Do I need to set up my own DNS Server, Do I need to purchase a FQDN and
if so who can I purchase it from without using their hosting service?
Currently I have high speed cable going to a linksys router which
assigns IP addresses to all of my systems.  Will I still be able to use
this setup?
As you can see I have a lot of basic questions I need answered before I
can start serving web pages to the internet.  Any advise would be
greatly appreciated

Mike