httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <nosed...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DNS Resolution [very OT]
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:50:37 GMT
Thank you and yes I have been incrementing the serial number.  For some
reason others seem to be able to get to the page using the www but here
I cannot.  I have 2 other systems here which are on a separate IP from
the server and neither one will resolve it.  One system is another RH
system which dual boots win2000 and the other is winxp and none will
resolve using www but will resolve using just the domain name without
the www

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Zac Stevens [mailto:zts@cryptocracy.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 10:22 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] DNS Resolution [very OT]

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 07:09:00PM -0800, Aaron Sturm wrote:
> You don't have dns1 setup... that's why it's not working. You need an
> record for dns1 in order to cname it.

That's not correct - if the domain is delegated to dns1, the .com
servers
will have a glue record for it.  It does not need to be duplicated in
the
mrktechweb.com zone itself.

For what it's worth, www.mrktechweb.com resolves for me and I can see
the
Apache test page as the index page.

Michael, did you remember to increment the serial number when you edited
the zone?  If you did not, the "wrong" information may have been cached
on
other DNS servers.  You must increment the serial number every time you
make a change to the zone file.

Zac