httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <nosed...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DNS Resolution
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 19:25:18 GMT
I already have that line in the zone file for mrktechweb.com and still
cannot access www.mrktechweb.com  There is no content at this address
yet as I am still trying to configure DNS and Apache to go there but I
do have a virtual host set up in Apache for www.mrktechweb.com using the
same IP address listed below for my DNS server and I have the directory
set for now to the test page that comes with Apache.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: JDeSalle [mailto:jdesalle@earthlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 2:08 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] DNS Resolution

Michael,

In your zone file for your domain just add a CNAME entry for the
webserver,
you can run it on the same box on same IP.

example:
;
;  A record for Nameserver
;

boxname.mrktechweb.com.        1D IN A    24.73.170.131

;
; CNAMES
;

www        1D IN CNAME    "boxname here"

Also remember to change the serial line up by one number and in your
conf file to allow zone transfers to the other dns box.

hope this helps

jd