httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <nosed...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DNS Resolution
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:40:37 GMT
Sorry for the confusion!!  The domain name I used is what was in the
last reply I received to this question.  My actual domain name is
mrktechweb.com and I am sure that both DNS servers are working correctly
for that domain.

Thanks
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Sturm [mailto:aaron_sturm@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 1:24 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] DNS Resolution

Michael,

Are you sure it's registered? Is the primary DNS server your computer
that
might be down? What about he secondary?

The reason why I ask is because I can't do any forward lookups on
www.imsmart.com.  I did a reverse on 24.234.27.15 but I got a response
from
your ISP ns1.lvcablemodem.com.

If you're the primary and secondary DNS server then you need to make
sure
you're fowarding port 53 to the DNS server in your LAN. Also, you have
make sure it's running :).

Hope that helps.

-Aaron