httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szey...@aol.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi_script is downloaded, not displayed in browser
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 19:52:06 GMT
Thanks for replyl
I have perl interpreter insalled. I also checked that I can run my perl
scripts from console and view the ouput in console or redirect it to a file
and view the output. However, I cannot make apache recognize my scripts as
cgi scripts that to display their oupt in the browser. So, if I execute
script from localhost/cgi-bin, I get file download dialog. If I answer
"open", I see that the perl script is executed in console, so the output is
scrolled in console window and disappears.
If the script is supposed to be invoked as an action to the "submit" button,
it is not found - the directory where it is not found starts from C:/cgi-bin,
not <apache_rootDirectory>/cgi-bin. I  ran ''netstat -a". I don't see that
anybody is listening on the port 80. Should apache be displayed their once it
is started?
How to check that apache is known to the system and that requests to port 80
go to him?

Thanks
Sophia