httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szey...@aol.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:01:11 GMT
"What is the file extension of your CGI script?  Does your server recognize
that it is supposed to process that file type?

On Sunday 10 November 2002 04:21 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted my question yesterday and still don't have the woriking answer.
> The main problem is that my cgi scripts'  are "downloaded" rather than
> executed as cgi scripts."
My cgi script has an extension .pl
IMy httpd.conf has the lines to handle this type of files from any place:

   AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .pl
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

IFrom all attempts that I had done so far, it appears that  my httpd.conf
file is not taken into account by the server that processes my requests.
Though I am running apache (as service) - I see it in error.log, my requests
are processed by some other server. How should I change my configuration in
order that my apache server started to process my requests?
Note that I did not modify the port where it should listen (80).
When I do 'netstat -a'  I do not see that anybody is listening on this port.
So, netstat does not discover  that apache is running. What should I do to
let the system know that I have an apache server listening at port 80?
Does anyone have apache running on Widnows XP weth IE 6?

Please, help

Thanks
Sophia Zeyger