httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex & options Multiviews
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:43:21 GMT

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Harald Falkenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> below you'll find a sample config which is very strong based on the
> httpd.conf file shipped with the 2.0.43 apache version. If you adjust it
> for your need, it should show you the server docs using the
> ultiviews option.
>
> If you uncomment in the next step the last two lines, with the very
> useless DirectoryMatch directives, then you sould encounter my problem,
> that MultiViews won't work anymore.

Yes, it appears you have found a bug.  Please report it to the apache bug
database.  A couple comments:

1. Please report the truly minimal config needed to generate the problem.
Yours has a whole bunch of other complications in it.  See below.

2. It appears only to happen with <DirectoryMatch> and not <Directory>.
You should mention that in your bug report.

An example of a smaller config that shows the problem:
./configure --prefix=/home/slive/ap243
make
make install
and replace the httpd.conf with

ServerRoot "/home/slive/ap243"

Listen 8899
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot "/home/slive/ap243/htdocs"

<Directory "/home/slive/ap243/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var

Alias /manual "/home/slive/ap243/manual"

AddLanguage en en
AddLanguage ja ja
AddLanguage fr fr
AddLanguage ko ko

<Directory "/home/slive/ap243/manual">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec
    AddOutputFilter Includes html
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<DirectoryMatch /home/slive/ap243/manual>
</DirectoryMatch>

This config is currently running at http://cvs.apache.org:8899/manual/
but It won't remain indefinitely.

Joshua.