httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] signal Segmentation fault (11)
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:35:27 GMT

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, dan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache Http Server (v 1.3.12) as a part of Oracle IAS and I am
> trying to work out how and why I am getting the following error in the
> error_log file:

That's a very old version of apache.

> [notice] child pid XXXXX exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

That means "some part of apache or one of its modules did something bad".
In most cases, it is in fact a third-party module causing the problem, and
not the core apache server.  (Although, of course, there are bugs in
apache itself.)

Some debugging hints are available here:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html
but you're not going to get a whole lot of help trying to debug an ancient
version of apache.

Joshua.