httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex & options Multiviews
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:04:13 GMT

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Harald Falkenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get hte impression, that you're focussing a slightly different problem.
> The usgage of 'options +-Indexes' is rather clear for me.
>
> The problem is, that 'DirectoryIndex' is not affected of Multiviews
> content-negotiation in 2.0.43 as it was before in 1.3.27. Multiviews work
> in the dedicated directory as tried to explain before.
>
> The docs I already studied, but found no hint for this problem. I think
> the implementation changed, but this is still unclarified.

I think you need to explain a little more clearly what is going on.

It seems to me you are claiming that with
Options Multiviews
DirectoryIndex index.html
the server is not picking up index.html.en when you request the directory.

Well, I can tell you that httpd.apache.org uses an almost identical
configuration for http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ and that directory
works fine, so there must be something special in your configuration.

Joshua.