httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Not working
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:08:32 GMT

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Aaron Axelsen wrote:

> Scripts run find from command line.  I changed the owner to nobody, now

Not a good idea; Making it world-executable is usually better.

> I get the following error:
>
> [Sat Nov 16 18:04:43 2002] [error] [client 192.168.0.100] malformed
> header from script. Bad header=6: test.pl
>
> I really don't see what the problem is

The script is now running, but it is not emitting proper HTTP headers.
According to the CGI spec, the first that that the CGI writes to stdout
must be a set of HTTP headers, followed by a blank line.  Your script is
not sending proper headers.  Instead, it is sending a line that looks like
"6: test.pl".

Joshua.