httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI Not working
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:49:17 GMT

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Aaron Axelsen wrote:

> I installed apache 2.0.43 and whenever I try to run a script I get the
> following errors:
>
> [Sat Nov 16 17:45:57 2002] [error] [client 192.168.0.100] Premature end
> of script headers: classevals3.pl
>
> I have run this script on other systems, so it must be something
> specific to my system

Go to the directory containing classevals3.pl and type
./classevals3.pl
Most likely, this will fail, which means something is wrong with the
script.  Some likely culprits:
- Not pointing to the correct location for perl on the first line.
- Bad dos->unix transfer, resulting in messed-up line-endings.

If the script succeeds from the command line, the most likely explanation
is an suexec config problem.  Find and read your suexec log file.

See also:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#premature-script-headers
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html#troubleshoot

Joshua.