httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache ~users question
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:50:14 GMT

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Lewis Watson wrote:

> Hey Apache users,
> I am using the ~user functionality of apache. Rather than apache obtaining a
> list of users from the .passwd file is there a way to point apache to either
> a mysql database, or possibly another text file?

Not with mod_userdir.  With mod_rewrite, you could use a text file or a
dbm type database:

RewriteMap user-dir txt:/path/to/user-dir.txt
RewriteRule ^/~([a-zA-Z0-9]*)(/?.*) ${user-dir:$1|/usr/local/apache2/htdocs}$2

Or, if you like C programming, you can hack
mod_userdir to do what you want.

Joshua.