httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSI var... (none)
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:01:27 GMT

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Dag Gano wrote:
> The docs for the #echo command say, "This command prints one of the include
> variables, defined below. If the variable is unset, it is printed as
> (none)."
>
> Is there any way to turn off this behavior from within the code (not by
> server configuration)? If my var is empty, I want it to echo empty (nothing,
> blank, null, whatever). Why would anyone want "(none)" spewed onto their web
> page? This blows my whole project. Please let me know if there's a way to
> stop the insanity.

There are ways to work around this in your code, mostly involving <!--#if
statements.  If you want to change it, you should be using
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_include.html#ssiundefinedecho
or modifying the source code yourself.  You give no idea why you rule out
any change to server configuration.

Joshua.