httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shaun Fryer <sh...@lweb.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Run Scripts As root
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 04:28:04 GMT
>         I Have a few php scripts im working on and i was wondering
> if its possible to make apache exe some scripts as root.. so i can
> make the php script run root commands on the server..

A reasonably secure method of doing this is by writing a script which
is executed periodically by cron. The PHP would dump some obscure
instructions into a simple flat file or database, and the cron
executed script would then interpret that info and behave accordingly,
removing the corresponding references when it's done.

 Shaun Fryer
 London Webmasters
 http://LWEB.NET
 PH:  519-858-9660