httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shaun Fryer <sh...@lweb.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:23:16 GMT
>  For example, when my server serves
> http://my.generichostname.com:3030/~user/stuff/
> I wish the location window to read http://stunning.webstuff.com/

I do this quite often for my clientelle. Basically what happens is
client X gets scads of free web-storage on some ISP's web-server, or
their own box on some cable/DSL connection. They then purchase domain
hosting from me. I setup my web-server to serve a 100%,100% frameset
with their remote URL as the frame src. Bang. Problem solved. I do
this for a whole slew of clients using a single cgi script (which
generates customised framsets based on a database of corresponding
domain:url entries). Piece of cake.

 Shaun Fryer
 London Webmasters
 http://LWEB.NET