httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.0.43 w/ ldap on Solaris
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:26:08 GMT

Works just fine on Linux .....
In Peace,
Saqib Ali
=============
"It is not useful for liberty that we abolish it in order to protect it."
Wolfgang Thierse

                    "Fenlason,

                    Josh"                To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <jfenlason@pt        cc:

                    c.com>               Subject:     [users@httpd] Apache2.0.43 w/ ldap
on Solaris
                    No Phone Info

                    Available

                    11/22/2002

                    12:24 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

I'm trying to get ldap authentication to work with Apache 2.0.43 on
Solaris.  I'm able to get Apache and all the modules to build fine.  Apache
runs great and prompts for authentication, but it doesn't successfully
authenticate.  There are no errors besides saying the user was not found.
Here is the relevant part of httpd.conf:

LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

Alias /authtest
"/home/snow/jfenlason/apache2.0.43/solaris/11.21.02/authtest"
<Directory "/home/snow/jfenlason/apache2.0.43/solaris/11.21.02/authtest">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Location /authtest/secure>
        AuthName Windchill
        AuthType Basic
        <IfModule mod_auth_ldap.c>
                AuthLDAPAuthoritative off
                AuthLDAPURL
ldap://Solara.sandgnat.com/ou=people,dc=sandgnat,dc=ptcnet,dc=ptc,dc=com,ou=cougar60,l=Fort%20Worth,o=SG

        </IfModule>
        AuthUserFile conf/passwd
        require valid-user
</Location>

I turned the LogLevel up to debug and this is the most helpful statement in
the log files:

[Fri Nov 22 14:04:28 2002] [error] [client 132.253.8.210] user admin not
found:/authtest/secure

Has anyone been able to get ldap authentication to work with 2.0.43 on
Solaris?  I've been able to get it to work on Windows, but no luck on
Solaris and I don't really know what else to try at the moment.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.