httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jack_vanGor...@Raytheon.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with HTTPD v2.0.43 on Solaris 2.5.1
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:28:43 GMT

I have installed the latest thread related patches, but still have the same
problem.

"Quentin Bennett" <Quentin.Bennett@infinity.co.nz> on 11/14/2002 12:20:19 AM

Please respond to users@httpd.apache.org

To:    <users@httpd.apache.org>
cc:     (bcc: Jack vanGorkum/RMD/Raytheon/CA)

Subject:    RE: [users@httpd] Problems with HTTPD v2.0.43 on Solaris 2.5.1

Hi,

One thing to check is that you are fully patched - Solaris 2,6, 7 & 8 have had
several patches to their threading code, which may have an effect.
sunsolve.sun.com has the recommended patches available for download.

Quentin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack_vanGorkum@Raytheon.com [mailto:Jack_vanGorkum@Raytheon.com]
Sent: Thursday, 14 November 2002 8:14 a.m.
To: users@httpd.apache.org

I have upgraded to Apache 2.0.43, and still have the same problem.

When I startup the Apache 2.0.43 server (using apachectl start), I get the
following message in the error_log;

      [Wed Nov 13 10:58:38 2002] [notice] Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) configured --
resuming normal operations

When I attempt to access the server using Netscape or IE, I get the following
message in access_log;

      172.16.32.17 - - [13/Nov/2002:10:59:32 -0800] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 401 465

The Browser just sits there forever, with the following message on the bottom
(of the Netscape window)

      Connect: host sun4k contacted. Waiting for reply...

When I telnet to port 80 on the server, I get no response when I type garbage,
but on the Apache 1.3.27, I do get some HTML output.

When I stop the Apache 2.0.43 (using apachectl stop), I need to issue the
command several times, and
I get the following message in my error_log file;

      [Wed Nov 13 11:04:19 2002] [warn] child process 17146 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM

When I run httpd directly with the "-X" flag, everything works fine. I get no
messages in error_log, and I get the
following message in the access_log;

      172.16.32.17 - jvang [13/Nov/2002:11:07:23 -0800] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200
636

Some things to note (if they are relevant)

      1.    In the access_log file, shouldn't HTTP/1.0 bt HTTP/2.0 ?
      2.    In the access_log, when I run httpd -X, I see my username "jvang",
but not when I startup using apachectl start.
      3.    I assume I am using the prefork MPM. How can I verify that ?

Thanks for any help...

Cheers,

Jack...

"Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <info@orangexl.com> on 11/13/2002 02:14:34 AM