httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rebecca.R.Hep...@seagate.com
Subject [users@httpd] Trouble running cgi script from user directory
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:55:57 GMT
Hello,

I am having trouble with running cgi scripts out of a user directory
(/home/john/public_html/cgi-bin).  In my error_log file I receive the
message "Premature end of script headers".  I have seen quite a few
postings on this subject so here is a list of things I have checked:
- I can run the cgi script by hand without errors
-  this same script can be run in the main cgi-bin directory without
problems
- the script is executable
- the user directory has a mode of 777, then the public_html directory is
775 and the cgi-bin directory is 775.
- In my httpd.conf file I have added the following:

<Directory /home/john/public_html/cgi-bin>
    Options +ExecCGI
    SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

What am I missing?