httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how do I prevent sites from hijacking my images?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 03:26:19 GMT

I agree that there is no way to protect the images from being stolen. But
there are ways to deter people from easily stealing the image. For e.g.
about 3 years back I wrote a Java Application that would parse an image and
create HTML TABLE based representation of the image on Pixel level. This
HTML table could be easily displayed intead of the actual graphic, but
people couldn't just right click and save it to their Local HD. However if
they really wanted to copy the image they would have to take screen
capture, and paste it into GIMP. This way they would offcourse lose the
quality.

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://www.sc-icc.org:8080/cocoon/mount/docbook/

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15

                    "Lewis

                    Watson"              To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <lists@vision        cc: