httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Development access to web site
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 05:57:13 GMT

You can also try WebDAV http://www.webdav.org -> WebDAV can be used by
developers (internal and external) to maintain the files on the WebServer.

Here is what I have done. Install SSL. Install WebDAV. Make WebDAV work on
SSL. and then you open the SSL port on firewall to let the developers
access the files on the Server. It is very secure (all ecrypted traffic).
To make even more secure Apache allows authentication against a ACE (RSA
SecureID) server. SSL + 2 factor authentication. What else do you need?

You don't need to spend $$ on VPN this way.

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://gcs.seagate.com

=============
"I quite agree with you," said the Duchess; "and the moral of that is --
`Be what you would seem to be' -- or, if you'd like it put more simply --
`Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'"
                -- Lewis Carrol, "Alice in Wonderland"

                    "Steven

                    Pierce"               To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    <pagedev1@spea        cc:

                    keasy.net>            Subject:     Re: [users@httpd] Development access
to web site
                    No Phone Info

                    Available

                    11/09/2002

                    08:54 PM

                    Please respond

                    to users

You could have him use a VPN connection, or even an SSH
connection.  That might take care of it.