httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Simon" <simon...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] About some concepts with Apache under Windows
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:17:11 GMT
Hello!
I am using Apache  2.043 under Windows XP Professional.
I have some concept still don't make it clear and would like if someone can
help me.

1. I want to know that after setting up the Apache under windows. How
usually, Administrators letting users uploading files?
By a FTP server? Since I am running XP, if I would like to do so. eg, I
would like to upload html to maintain my webpage elsewhere.
What FTP or module or whatever I needed to setup too?
I am now using WARFTP at the moment. But I find that it is not a
professional or proper way to do it because
WARFTP user database and Apache user database doesn't coherent afterall.
They are not related.
How to setup a better web server with coherent user database between Win
system, FTP and HTTP?

2. What is root user means under Windows environment?
I understand that root is a "God" equal to a Adminstrator account. But what
do it do with Windows account?
How they interact?
I have set "user disabled root". What does it mean in Windows eniron.?

3. I want to setup usr director as in linux since I don't know much of linux
directory structure.
I try to setup the userdir as something
C:\blahblahblah\%UserProfile%\documents\websites something.
It doesn't work afterall when I called "myserver.com/~username_of_my_system.
 If I want to setup, how can I accomplish it?

Thanks!
Simon