httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emma Grant" <egr...@busydata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache SSL - using port 80 & 443 for same IP address & Server Name
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:11:21 GMT
Hi,

I have been reading through the emails (subscribers)  and thought that I had
this problem figured out. If someone can help me out that would be great, if
someone tells me to RTFM, and shows me where the FM is that would be great
too. :)

So...

I have Apache set up with Named Virtual Host (For Non-SSL). I then have IP
Based Virtual Hosts (For SSL).

Well I want to have : http://www.mysite.com and https://www.mysite.com So I
set up a Virtual Host Tag for the non ssl like so...

Listen 123.123.123.123:80
<VirtualHost 123.123.123.123:80>
ServerName www.mysite.com
</VirtualHost>

I then have the SSL like so:

Listen 123.123.123.123:443
<VirtualHost 123.123.123.123:443>
ServerName www.mysite.com
CertificateFile /mypath/mycert.crt
</VirtualHost>

Now since I have 1) a seperate IP address for ssl, away from the Name Based
Hosts, and 2) I have the IP address using two different ports for the
different IP Based VH, I thought that this would work. But instead I am
timing out can getting a "server could not be found error".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

EMG