httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Uwe Kolsch" <uwe.kol...@wax.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] semget: No space left on device
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:02:45 GMT
Hi,

I run Apache 1.3.27 on RedHat 8 in combination with Tomcat. Because of some
configuration changes in httpd.conf (just a new vhost) I had to restart
httpd. It stopped and did not came up again. The only error output I found
was "semget: No space left on device" in the Apache error_log. As it was a
production server I decided to reboot the machine and it came up fine.
However, I'm puzzled about the cause of this error. The server is quite a
high end machine and there is certainly not a shortage of resources. It was
running fine before the restart for weeks and did not show any problems
right before the event, and it runs since fine since it came up again.

The configuration:
Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.0 PHP/4.2.3 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
Tomcat 4.06
jdk1.3.1_01 with options -server -Xms100M -Xmx512M
Interbase SuperServer v6.0-1
Dual Proc Intel 2.4 GHz and 2 GB Mem

Did someone come across this and can give me a clue or some direction where
to look for a solution.

Thanks

Uwe Kolsch

Wax New Media Agency
Power Road Studios
Power Road
London
W4 5PY
T) +44 020 8742 1551
F) +44 020 8742 3774

www.wax.co.uk

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Wax New Media Agency
and any associated company does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any opinions stated are solely those of the
author.