httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Panning" <rpann...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi_script is downloaded, not displayed in browser
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 23:36:44 GMT
I forgot to ask if you have a perl interpriter installed aswell? If not you
can get a free one from
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl I
would download the MSI file and don't get the beta. Then just install it and
see if your cgi files work. You might also need to set the pl extension to
point to the perl program. Also, make sure you have this in your pl files,
FIRST THING.

#!C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe

After #! set the absolute path to perl.exe where ever you installed it. Let
me know if it works.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Szeyger@aol.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
CC: Szeyger@aol.com
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] cgi_script is downloaded, not displayed in
browser
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:13:45 EST

Thanks a lot for reply, Ryan

Unfortunately, the changes did not help.
I had all the entries about cgi-bin alias and enabling its directory
configured initially. I did not modify them, that is why I did not quote
them
in original email. I added .cgi to AddHandler directive where I previously
had only .pl.
It looks like Apache does not serve my scripts at all. Apache's error log
does not have any entries related to the error "Connot find server" - the
page cannot be displayed.  On the other hand, I see old errors in Apache log
that it could not find some files that do not seem related to my requests. I
am quoting some of them below - may be they will give some clue about what
apache expects.
  What could have happened?
Does apache look at 'install' log - I gave initially different names while
prompted during installation?

Please, help

Thanks a lot
Sophia Zeyger
here is a couple of entries from the error log:
Tue Nov 05 04:39:17 2002] [error] [client 212.217.46.1] File does not exist:
C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/_mem_bin
[Fri Nov 08 21:47:51 2002] [error] [client 172.153.192.233] File does not
exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/scripts
[Fri Nov 08 21:47:41 2002] [error] [client 172.153.192.233] File does not
exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MSADC