httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Panning" <rpann...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:38:18 GMT
Take out:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
# SZ Trying to make cgi scripts work. Adding from usergroup mail:
<Directory "c:/program files/apache group/apache2/htdocs">
  Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

You are script aliasing the same dir twice, Apache might not like that. Also
you shouldn't need the Options +ExecCGI, ScriptAlias tells Apache that there
are scripts in that dir. Let me know if that works.

Ryan

----Original Message Follows----
From: Szeyger@aol.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:17:25 EST

HREF="mailto:justin@naturalwebs.com">

 >>> machine,
 >>> directly.  You won't need to add that to your conf file, but, you might
 >>> try
 >>> that as the URL and see what it does...
 >>>

 >> Where should I put this URL? I tried to execute
 >> http:/localhost/cgi-bin/printenv.pl - this brings up the file download
 >> dialog instead of giving me the ouput of the script in the browser. I
also
 >> tried to execute my html script that has in an action field of submit
 >> button ''/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl" ( my script which is in cgi-bin
 >> directory of apache). This responds with "page not found" with address
 >> C:/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl. I tried to put this script also in the same
 >> directory as my html find and put in the action field "hiddenfields.pl"
-
 >> this brings up file download dialog. I tried to put url
 >> http://localhost/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl - this responds with "Invalid
 >> syntax error " from IE - "page cannot be displayed- page ...was renamed
or
 >> removed". The apache log does not show any error - IE does. What should
 >> do, to make apache handle my requests rather than IE is trying to handle
 >> my requests?
 >>
 >> Please, help.
 >>
 >> Thanks
 >> Sophia

Thanks all who replied.
In my config I kept what was there only modifying the variable names for
which I was prompted during configuration. I added some entries based on the
discussions I observed in this group emails
Below are the relevant entries from my httpd.conf
-------------

My OS is Windows XP. My browser is IE 6.0.2600.0000 .My httpd.conf has the
following lines ( some of them I edited based on the discussion I viewed in
this usergroup mail).
ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
ServerAdmin szeyger@aol.com
ServerName localhost
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
     AllowOverride None
     Options None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

</Directory>
UserDir "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/My Website"
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var
AccessFileName .htaccess
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
# SZ Trying to make cgi scripts work. Adding from usergroup mail:
<Directory "c:/program files/apache group/apache2/htdocs">
  Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>
# SZ: Adding handler for perl scripts
    AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .pl .cgi
    AddHandler cgi-script .pl
<Location /server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    Order deny,allow