httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Manoj Kithany" <manojkithany...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache+SSL on IBM AIX...using RPM
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:30:29 GMT
Hi Experts!

I want to install Apache+SSL Package on my IBM - AIX box. I got this Package
from the IBM's web site and it is present in RPM format. When I INSTALL my
package using "rpm -ivh apache-1.3.27-1ssl.aix4.3.ppc.rpm", the system
simply SCATTERS the files all over the palce. I mean it puts httpd.conf in
/etc/opt/freeware/apache/httpd.conf and logs in
/var/opt/freeware/apache/logs and binaries in
/opt/freeware/apache/sbin/apachectl etc....

This is very difficult to manage - especially when one has to configure the
system - I have to move all over to modify the config files and check the
log files.....

So, my question is HOW do I TELL RPM to install all these in ONE directory
of my choice (say /usr/local/apache) rather then scattering all the files?

THANKS!

Manoj G. Kithany