httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Schalk Erasmus" <sch...@prosys.com.na>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:54:41 GMT
It so happened that I'm also looking at such a solution.

I've tried adding host records with the Internal address, but no luck,
unless I'm doing something wrong with the Virtual Host Configuration part.

Please reply, if someone has a solution, since the Virtual Host
Documentation 2.0 on apache site is not much help in this aspect.

The rewrite module seems to redirect the whole site based on certain
parameters, which won't work in my case, since it is an Internal Address.

Thank you
Schalk Erasmus
Incredible Networks
Windhoek, Namibia

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark-Nathaniel Weisman [mailto:mark@outlander.us]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 11:29 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse

Marty,
  I don't have a solution, however I was wondering if you are using a
singular IP Address from the outside, then internal addresses internally?
Then proxying the request to another internal server using it's internal IP
Address? I'm trying to do the same kind of thing and hoping to get the
solution you get, can you get the other server with what you've got there?

Sincerely,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President/CEO
Infinite Visions Educational Systems Incorporated
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.ivedsys.com
weismanm@ivedsys.com