httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Olivier" <c...@zero-one.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] Packaging an Apache installer
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:48:51 GMT
Greetings.

I am trying to create an installer for a product I have developed.  I wish
to include the Apache installation in my installer - obviously I will have
conformed to the requirements in the Apache License.

I am having trouble when my installer is installing to a Windows machine.  I
can get the installer to run no problem, but of course this pops up the
Apache installation dialogs!  Now while I have no problem with the Apache
installer, I do need to retrieve the information from that installation for
use in my installation process!

The easiest way I csn think of - if supported by an binary Apache installer
for Win32 - is to run the Apache installation "silently" - i.e. calling the
installation executable with the values required by the installer passed to
the installation file via the command caller.

DOes this make sense?  If it does, does anyone know if Apache has such a
"silent" installation mode supported in any way??

Thanks in advance,

Carl