httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Kernes <tker...@buckwestern.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Start/Stop Apache
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:49:37 GMT
/etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start is command in the apachectl

Apache version is 2.0.43 compiled for YDL 2.1 on PPC

When I run the command above (as root) I get the same thing:

root     <snip> 18:51   0:02 /etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start
apache   <snip> 18:51   0:00 /etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start
apache   <snip> 18:51   0:00 /etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start
apache   <snip> 18:51   0:00 /etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start
apache   <snip> 18:51   0:00 /etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start
apache   <snip> 18:51   0:00 /etc/httpd/bin/httpd -k start

I guess I just don't know why the one process is owned by root AND why it
won't die.

I do appreciate your input though.  I will take whatever advice you have to
give.